Couple in the Kitchen's 12 Days of Foodie Giftmas! The ultimate holiday gift guide and the best gifts for foodies.
Can you believe it's already the holidays! If you have a foodie in your life, use this holiday gift guide for some creative gift ideas, ranging from stocking stuffers, to party host gifts, to vino lovers, to penny savers, and beyond. If YOU’RE the foodie, feel free to share this list or Pin it to “drop a hint”!
1. Advent Calendar – It’s officially December, there is no better way to count down the days to the holidays, than with booze. Heritage Distilling makes the coolest advent calendar we have ever seen. Each day you get a shot of one of their crafted alcohols. How else can we get through the holidays?? $39.99 http://heritagedistilling.com/product/spiritsadventcalendar/
2. Specialty-infused olive oil – Any foodie or health nut who loves to cook will appreciate some gourmet olive oils and vinegars. We found this gorgeous gift set from Con’ Olio Oils. They only sell authentic and top quality oils and vinegars, that get shipped in from around the world. Con' Olio will have you coming back for more after your first order. Some of our favorites include the Toasted Sesame and Lemongrass Mint Balsamic Vinegar. You also can’t go wrong gifting some truffle oil! Gift sets starting at $25.99. http://www.conolios.com/gift-baskets/
3. Sparkling Wine – A bottle of bubs is the perfect gesture for all of those holiday parties that we go to and for the foodie who you aren’t quite sure how to shop for (because bubbles are always a win). A mellow, easy to drink sparkling wine is perfect for any dinner, your boss, a holiday host, or your house cleaner/baby sitter/dog groomer/hairstylist. We HIGHLY recommend our new go-to: Gruet Winery's Brut, a French-style sparkling wine with green apple, brioche, and crisp acidity that won’t break the bank. $15, get free shipping when you order a case to stock for holiday gifts! (Offer valid through 12/12/16). http://gruetwinery.com/
4. At-home Sous Vide – We have been obsessed with sous vide cooking this year. The Nomiku makes it in cinch and our meals turn out flawless. The new wifi edition even has functionality for you to turn it off/on/change temp even when you aren’t home! Check out our sous vide recipes for some drool-worthy inspiration. $199-$259, $20 off with discount code “coupleinthekitchen”. https://www.nomiku.com/
5. An adorable tea companion – What could be more adorable than a tea-themed gift box? Select some of your favorite loose leaf tea blends and pair it with this adorable tea infuser or use this as a perfect stocking stuffer. P.S. His name is Fred, and he's our morning buddy. $7.99 Find Fred on Amazon here. Fred also has a cute sloth friend too.
6. Beautiful new barware – Austin-based Sertodo Copper makes some of the most beautiful servingware and barware. Copper is an on-trend metallic with health benefits. You can’t go wrong gifting some real and authentic copper mule mugs! Purchase their items in a gift set or ala cart. Starting from $70, http://www.sertodo.com/
7. Limited edition wine samples, sent straight to your door – For the wine lover or aspiring somm in your life, Vinebox is the gift that keeps on giving the whoooole year! Each month, Vinebox sends 3 glasses of wine to try from around the world. This is a great way to experience some high-end wines without the risk of dropping loads of cash on a bottle that you end up not liking. $30-$35 per box, getvinebox.com
8. A do-it-all kitchen appliance – We have been super impressed with the Ninja we got this year. After our food processor died on us, we decided to go with the Ninja Ultra Kitchen 1200W Pro Performance Power Blender System . This one powerful appliance replaced our blender, smoothie maker and food processor, saving us tons of cabinent space! $185.99 for all of that power. Find the Ninja on Amazon here.
9. Spherificator - This is great for the techie foodie that already says they have it all. The Spherificatior puts molecular gastronomy in your hands, and allows you to turn liquid into foodie pearls. This method of cooking is famous in michelin star restaurants, and will help you impress your next dinner party or at home date. Currently priced at $99. http://spherificator.com/
10. A well-selected cookbook - A cookbook is a perfect gift idea because it is so customizable. When thinking of shopping for someone special, consider their favorite restaurant or chef. Do they have a cookbook? What is their favorite country or cuisine? Find a cookbook to match! Here are a few of our recent favorites:
- Sweet Noshings: New Twists on Traditional Jewish Desserts (Written by one of our good friends What Jew Wanna Eat) - $11.72
- The Flavor Bible (A must own for every armature Chef at home.) - $22.49
- Peru: The Cookbook (A beautiful cookbook that will teach you how to make amazing Peruvian dishes, including a whole chapter on ceviche.) - $33.96
- The Wurst of Lucky Peach: A Treasury of Encased Meat (A fun anthology of the best stories and recipes of wurst from around the world.) - $16.25
11. THE holy grail of appliances - If the foodie in your life doesn't have a Kitchenaid mixer and you are looking splurge on a gift that will last for years, this is for you. It is pricey, but it's a cooking classic that every major chef has in their kitchen.Even if you foodie isn't a baker, this mixer has oodles of attachments for anything from suasage stuffing to pasta making. $266 Find the KitchenAid on Amazon here.
12. Uniquely crafted small batch caramels – Our favorite sweets come from McCreas Caramels. They have a lot of inventive flavors, and the black lava sea salt caramels never disappoint. Stuff someone’s stockings with some of these yummy caramels or wrap up one of their holiday gift boxes. You can even ask Gavin's grandma, Gaga, and she will confirm that these caramels are phenomenal! From $3.95, http://www.mccreascandies.com/
We hope this holiday gift guide brought you inspiration to make your shopping easier, your tummies stuffed, and your glasses full of cheer (alcohol). We hate shopping in malls and dealing with all of that madness, so we made sure that all of our favorite products and best gifts for foodies can be purchased online. We're so thankful for all of our readers, and we wish you all a happy holiday season.
Ho Ho Ho,
Gavin + Karen